Email our Sales Director for more information
Frequently Asked Questions
- In public radio, the term "underwriting" is used for on-air announcements acknowledging financial support. It is a cost-effective alternative to commercial advertising and a great way for your business or organization to connect with our loyal listeners. Although underwriting is different than traditional advertising, you can use it as you would any other marketing tool to position your services or products, or to brand your business as a whole.
***In 2022, The Summit FM experienced a 74% growth in Underwriting revenue. We encourage you to ask us, and to ask around, about the perks of underwriting with The Summit FM.
Underwriting with The Summit FM is incredibly cost effective and affordable. We can design a package for you based on your business goals, needs, budget, flight/timeline and other marketing platforms. Talk to Laura, or a member of the Sales Team, with a little bit of feedback we can make Underwriting work for you!
The Summit FM reaches audiences across multiple platforms – on-air, online, on video, on stage, and on-the-go. From broadcast to podcast, from video to live sessions, we meet listeners wherever they are with convenient, engaging listening experiences.
• FM Radio
• HD Radio
• Live Stream
• Streaming Archived Programming
• Podcasts - On Demand Downloads
• Video and interviews on demand
• The Summit FM / PBS Television Show - "Studio C Sessions"
• Live Local Performances
The Summit FM's unique Triple-A mix of music can be heard in 21 counties covering more than 5,000 square miles of Ohio and Pennsylvania. This allows more than 1.5 million listeners to see and hear The Summit annually.
- The Summit FM enjoys an educated, influential audience with a high level of disposable income. Our listeners are intensely loyal as well. One of our key metrics is time spent listening, with one of the highest daily averages in the area at 6.8 hours. The Summit FM can help you: • Grow market share and widespread favorability for your brand • Boost your E-commerce, web traffic, and SEO • Fill your non-profit, fundraiser, music, or arts-related event • Recruit high-quality employee candidates • Grow goodwill with existing employees • Promote your community outreach, impact, and civic partnerships • Promote your organization's mission, grow philanthropy, and recruit volunteers
***In a recent survey, The Summit FM's listeners said that they were 93% more likely to support businesses heard on The Summit FM's airwaves. We're excited to learn more about you and your business and we can not wait to share your message with our amazing audience!***
The Summit FM on-air underwriting format offers a unique combination of elements necessary for your message to be favorably received:
• A consumer-focused 10 or 20-second message, read live daily from 6 AM to 10 PM
• A language standard that makes your message believable
• A demographically appealing loyal audience
• A high-integrity media environment, clutter-free, and with protection from competitive adjacency
***The Summit FM offers only four business support messages per hour. Less on-air clutter ensures that your message gets heard by an engaged consumer. In comparison, commercial radio airs up to 22 commercials per hour. ***
Spot Example 10-Second:
"Support for The Summit provided by the Akron Art Museum, thanking Akron for more than 100 years of support to the local, national, and global arts community. For more information, akronartmuseum.org."
Spot Example 20-Second:
"Support for The Summit provided by the Akron Art Museum, celebrating 100 years, and inviting listeners to view the museum's permanent collection and special exhibitions, Wednesday thru Sunday from 11am and 5pm at one South High Street in Downtown Akron. For more information, akronartmuseum.org."
Have you heard of the phenomenon known as the "Halo Effect?" Listeners and viewers of public media appreciate these community-oriented stations and financially contribute to keep them on the air. That same loyalty extends to the brands that sponsor public media such as The Summit FM. Taking the "halo effect" one step further, research suggests that Summit listeners take action as a result of sponsor's on-air credits. Listeners say the announcements have led them to attend cultural events or exhibits, consider new products, gather more information about a product or company, and visit sponsor websites.
***DID YOU KNOW? More then 71% of our listeners have attended a nonprofit event promoted by The Summit FM.***
We take community partnerships seriously. Our guarantee is that your underwriting messages will run as contracted and will be heard by an engaged audience in a position to take advantage of your goods and services. Our listeners are poised to become your consumers. The Summit FM enjoys an educated, influential audience with a high level of disposable income. Our listeners are intensely loyal as well. One of our key metrics is time spent listening, with one of the highest daily averages in the area at 6.8 hours.
Ready to learn more? We want to hear from YOU!
Thank you for considering on-air marketing for your business, nonprofit or community event with The Summit FM!
Email Laura Smiley, The Summit FM's Sales Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org with all of your questions, thoughts and for additional information and quotes